Driven by our vision of a world where people live healthier because they know how to, we provide engaging science-based information to inspire and empower healthier and more sustainable lifestyle choices.
We also collaborate in a range of European Union-funded projects to help advance innovation to future proof our food system.
In 2019 about 75% of our funding comes from public sources, and 25% from membership.
We are looking for a long term (up to 6 months) communication student placement candidate.
This is a great opportunity for a student to join a growing team and organisation in the process of extending its reach and visibility on topics related to food, health and sustainability.
EUFIC is a high pace environment so you will be exposed to a high level of responsibility in a very motivated team, a perfect environment for learning. Essential duties and responsibilities Specific activities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Producing content & material for communication projects, including reporting
- Assisting with social media, EUFIC website updates and SEO
- Conducting online research mapping media outlets, updating media database and
- media monitoring reports
- Researching and writing press releases, articles, news for EUFIC website
- Assisting in communications with individuals, media, academia, etc.
- Assisting in event planning and organisations
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Collaborating with different departments in preparing specific projects
- Handing of administrative tasks as they arise
- Assisting in preparing internal documents (i.e. meeting minutes and other materials)
- We are looking for a master’s student to do their last-year student placement.
- Last year Bachelor’s students can also apply; a priority will be given to extraordinarily convincing candidates.
- Interns must be able to commit to at least 3 months, and preferably longer.
We are looking for an intern who is:
- committed, enthusiastic, and passionate about EUFIC’s mission
- able to collaborate with a multicultural team, across multiple projects
- able to work independently, with a positive and flexible attitude
- creative and motivated to propose new ideas, and to question the status quo with confidence
- versatile and confident when communicating on all levels
- fluent in English, with strong written and oral communication skills; additional languages are plus
Trainees typically enjoy the following:
- living allowance of 450 €/month
- multicultural workplace in the heart of Brussels.
- a chance to learn from dedicated science and communication professionals
- possible European travel for meetings and conferences
- Your application, in English, should contain your CV and a letter of motivation. Please keep them succinct. Please check the application dates mentioned on the EUFIC internship programme.
- Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “Communication Internship” in the subject.
- You may be invited for a couple of interviews via Skype, followed by a written assignment.
- Only candidates selected for interviews will be notified