The Swiss Finance Council engages in dialogue around policy and regulatory developments in finance at a European and international level. It represents the interests of internationally active Swiss financial institutions and facilitates sharing of experience, expertise and knowledge with EU authorities, including through a permanent representative office in Brussels. It articulates and advocates the common interests of its members, Credit Suisse and UBS, provides a voice for their joint positions and a source of knowledge and experience in finance for policy makers and the industry at large.
The Policy Advisor plays a crucial role in SFC activities and will be in charge for the organization of one of its thematic working groups. She/he will be working at the representative office based in Brussels and report directly to the Managing Director of the SFC.
- Develop relationships with key EU officials and stakeholders
- Organize and contribute to SFC working groups, with a focus on Sustainable Finance
- Produce policy papers and other advocacy materials
- Prepare presentations and briefings for the SFC and its members
- Report on meetings, public hearings, conferences and other events
- Research and inform on key EU-Swiss issues for the members
- Provide strategic advice and guidance on policy matters
- Contribute to SFC events
Qualifications / Skills / Experience Required:
- Good understanding of the functioning of the European institutions, EU policy/decision making and legislative processes
- University degree in economics, business or law or comparable degree/qualification
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience with EU Institutions or the financial sector
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for dealing with stakeholders and counterparts
- Strong time management / organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to familiarize quickly with new and complex topics
- A flexible and proactive attitude to work combined with an autonomous working style
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing in English. Being fluent in another EU language is an advantage
- Professional use of Outlook and MS Office
- A dynamic and international working environment
- A competitive salary and a set of additional benefits
- A modern workplace in the heart of Brussels with the possibility of part time mobile working
- A full time position
Start Date: January / First Quarter 2021
To Apply: Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter accompanied by a CV (maximum two pages) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for Applications: Friday 30 October 2020 COB
Please note that the SFC will contact only successful candidates.
Before you apply, read the latest news about EU policies on EURACTIV.COM.
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on the EURACTIV JobSite.