This is to inform you that the Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament is looking for a full-time policy adviser for the Foreign Affairs (AFET) Committee (fixed-term contractual agent contract until 30th June 2024, function group III, renewable).
Deadline for application: 19th October 2022
Starting date: as soon as possible
Tasks to be performed:
- Advising the Greens/EFA MEPs on policy issues related to the Foreign affairs committee (AFET) in particular for:
- Relations with Eastern European countries covered by the European neighbourhood policy and Russia
- Relations with Central Asian countries,
- Feminist Foreign Policy and multilateralism.
- Preparing MEPs for Committee and coordinators meetings including draft reports, briefings, resolutions, amendments, & voting lists; attending to committee meetings, assuring close contact to Parliament’s AFET secretariat;
- Take part in the work of the Group and monitoring international developments in relation to the geographic area of responsibility;
- Participating in the Greens/EFA Cluster International and WG AFET;
- Negotiate and discuss on behalf of the Greens/EFA Group with stakeholders, relevant NGOs and representatives of other political groups in the Parliament;
- Drafting and tabling of « urgencies » resolutions in relation to the area of responsibility and advising the group’s responsible MEP during the negotiations of urgencies; preparing amendments and the voting list for urgency resolutions;
- Advising Group Members about the work in relevant geographic delegations and Joint parliamentary assemblies/committees.
- Preparing and participating to missions to Strasbourg (monthly Plenary session) and missions abroad in particular in the countries from the relevant geographic area of responsibility.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Professional experience of 3 years of experience or more;
- Knowledge and experience in the field;
- Very good knowledge of the European institutions, EU legislation and decision-making process;
- Educational background in line with the function;
- Familiarity with Green positions relevant for the work in the AFET committee, with a particular focus on relations with Eastern European countries covered by the European neighbourhood policy and Russia;
- Knowledge on relations with Central Asian countries, Feminist Foreign Policy, and multilateralism considered to be an asset;
- Good negotiating skills;
- Very good writing skills and knowledge of organisational methodology;
- Excellent standard of English and fluent in at least one other EU language, preferably amongst the following ones: Czech, Danish, Estonian, Finnish, Hungarian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Slovak and Swedish.
- Knowledge of languages from the area of responsibilities, in particular Russian, considered to be an asset;
- Open-mindedness, communicative attitude and experience in working in a political administration and in a multi-cultural team;
- Be a good team-worker and ready to work flexible hours;
Under article 82 (3) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (CEOS) of the European Communities, candidates must:
- be citizen of an EU Member State; unless an exception is authorised by the authority referred to article 6 (1);
- enjoy full rights as citizen;
- have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the laws concerning military service;
- meet the character requirements for the duties involved.
The Greens/EFA group is an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. In case of equal appreciation on competence and suitability for the position, preference will be given to female applicants.
In case of interest in this position, send a motivation letter with your CV and supporting documents by e-mail only to the Greens/EFA HR department (Greens.HR@ep.europa.eu) before 19th October, 7pm Brussels time.