EURACTIV Media Network is a media organisation across 13 European capitals, specialised in EU policy and related national politics. We publish online in more than 13 languages. Our headquarters is in Brussels.
We are pro-European, critical and constructive. We are independently-owned and are proud of our innovative business model.
EURACTIV also offers a wide variety of services in order to support EU stakeholders in their communication strategy and their reputation building. Read euractiv.com
We are now seeking an: Events Assistant – Brussels based to expand the company’s activities.
The EURACTIV Events Team has expanded quickly over the past few years, more than tripling the number of events organised. We now organise over 90 policy events in Brussels every year on a range of topics, bringing together a wide variety of stakeholders from the EU Institutions, industry and civil society.
We organise both small roundtable workshops and larger conferences. You can visit our events website for more information: (http://events.euractiv.com/).
This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience and visibility in EU affairs, work in a dynamic team, and develop your ideas to improve our services.
- Draft material for events such as invitations and participant lists
- Send invitations to participants and manage registration process
- Keep contact database updated and research new tools to improve it
- Support the logistical organisation of the events (e.g. prepare material to distribute, arrange venue, order catering)
- Support the smooth running of events on the day of implementation (e.g. register guests, handle audio-visual equipment)
- Assist in drafting reports about events
- Update and maintain the events website and social media
- Coordinate with EURACTIV’s Communications Officer for the outreach and visibility of events
- Occasional work outside regular office hours will be required (can be recuperated at quieter times)
- Other tasks as required
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in relevant subject (e.g. European Studies)
- Knowledge of EU & Brussels through studies and/or practical experience (including internship)
- Interest in EU affairs and event organisation
- A team-player who enjoys working in a small team
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility
- Self-starter, able to anticipate
- Hard-working and well-organised
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Flexible and problem-solving attitude
- Good computer skills – especially MS Office and Google tools – as well as communication (e.g. Twitter, Facebook)
- Excellent written English (spoken French or other EU language an advantage)
Start date: October 2021 for 6 months with the potential to extend for a further 6 months.
Send your CV (including 2 references, 2 pages max) and cover letter explaining why you would like to work with us and what you can bring to this position at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the subject line “Events Assistant application” and send your documents named as follow “Name+Surname CV” and “Name+Surname Cover letter”.