We are looking for a junior communications officer to join our team in Maastricht.
Who are we?
The European Centre for Development Policy Management (ECDPM) is a leading independent think tank that wants to make policies in Europe and Africa work for inclusive and sustainable development.
We have two offices: in Maastricht (the Netherlands) and Brussels (Belgium).
Our more than 60 staff members from over 25 countries worldwide provide independent research, advice and practical support to policymakers, advisors and practitioners in Europe, Africa and beyond.
Our focus is on EU foreign policy and policies related to conflict, migration, governance, sustainable food systems, regional integration, business, finance and trade.
What will you be doing?
- Support some of our programme teams and advise them on communications.
- Create infographics, videos and animations.
- Help us manage our social media accounts.
- Edit blogs and write for our weekly newsletter.
- Update ECDPM’s website.
- Analyse our communications statistics.
- Help us organise and communicate about ECDPM events.
- Help us improve our communications across the board.
You are part of the communications team and will report to the head of communications.
You are based in our Maastricht office, but will work from our Brussels office at least once a week.
Who are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a degree in communications, journalism or public relations.
- Has two to four years of relevant working experience in the area of communications.
- Is an excellent English (native or near-native) speaker, writer and editor. Knowledge of one or more other languages, particularly French, is a plus.
- Has experience with social media management and knows how to work with content management systems.
- Is experienced in multimedia production in Adobe’s Creative Suite (including Photoshop, InDesign, Premier, Illustrator and After Effects).
- Knows how to translate research and analysis into accessible language and formats.
- Is interested in international cooperation and likes to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
- Has strong organisational, coordination and project management skills.
- Is service-oriented and knows how to work independently and in a team.
- Is creative, flexible and proactive, and pays attention to details.
Do you meet these criteria and are you interested in joining us? We would love to hear from you.
What do we offer you?
- A one-year contract for 40 hours a week, with the possibility of renewal on good performance.
- A salary in line with scale 9 of the Dutch government remuneration system (BBRA), plus a holiday allowance and end-of-year allowance.
- A generous leave package.
- A lot of room to grow and learn.
- A home in an international and dynamic organisation.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home.
- If you would like to receive more information about the position or working at ECDPM, please get in touch with Mignon Jackson via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information about ECDPM and our areas of work, please have a look at our website.
How to apply?
- If you are interested in the position, please send us (1) your CV, (2) a short cover letter and (3) a few examples of relevant writing, social media posts or accounts, and multimedia work.
- Please send your application to email@example.com before Thursday 14 November 2019, 17:00 CET (subject line: ‘Application junior communications officer’). We will only look at applications that are on time, complete and in English.
- Interviews and a short assignment will take place in the week of 18 to 22 November. The preferred starting date for the position is 6 January 2020.
- Please note that we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates.
- We will treat the information you submit with respect. We will store your information on a confidential section of our cloud storage, which is only accessible by our human resources and ICT departments, as well as members from the communications team.