Job profile and responsibilities
We are offering a full-time position as Adviser on Environmental Affairs and we are looking for a proactive, solution-oriented graduate with scientific skills to join our team in Brussels, Belgium.
As an Environmental Adviser, you’ll manage and advise the members on environmental policies relevant to the industrial minerals industry.
Essential job functions
- Analysis of regulation, drafting of position papers, technical files and meeting reports
- Coordinating IMA-Europe positions and advocacy with the members and relevant stakeholders
- Relations with EU institutions, NGOs, institutes and scientific & industry experts
Qualifications & requirements
- University degree in science (e.g. geology, chemistry, biology)
- 1-3 years’ experience
- Rigorous, efficient and with excellent analytical, drafting, and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills: Diplomatic, flexible, assertive
- Interest in EU initiatives, legislation and regulatory processes
- Fluency in English. Another EU language is an asset
Who are we?
IMA-Europe is a Trade Association in Brussels, representing the European industrial minerals producers.
Our field of activity focusses on all non-commercial issues related to minerals, from their extraction and processing through to their whole life cycle.
Priorities revolve around health and safety at the workplace, environmental protection, product safety, as well as public awareness about the importance of industrial minerals.
The association ensures that the sector at large benefits from the sharing of information and promotes the exchange of good practices.
What we offer
- A challenging job within a dynamic and motivated team in an international industrial environment
- Direct interaction with industry experts & decision-makers
- Continuous internal and external training
- A competitive salary package.
Please send CV and application letter to email@example.com
by 30 October 2019 at the latest
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted